Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome To Our Blog

Welcome To Cluck Acres.

 We are a small farm located in Southern Oklahoma. My name is Barbie. I am about to turn 40 years old (on August 14) and recently quit my job to make farming a full-time endeavor. My husband, Lewis, is a full-time diesel mechanic.

 We currently live on a small plot of land in Gene Autry, Ok. We currently house more than 200 chickens...honoring 29 different breeds...3 Boar goats, 4 Khaki Campbell ducks, 2 boxers, Moose and Rainy, a Pyranese, Spencer, a Rat Terrior, Kisses, a 3-legged Shit-zu, Manly, and a toy Yorkie, Herman.

 We are parents to 5 amazing chidlren, Laci, Tyler, John, Melissa, and Dakota.

The decision to farm and have animals was not one we made lightly. I grew up in a town that had more than its share of crime and things ton do. My husband has always lived in this small town with a little less than 200 people in it.

I have always loved animals and when I finally moved to the country having them just made perfect sense.

I have no idea how my endeavor to be a stay at home mom, wife, and farmer will be but I hope you will follow my journey. I would love for others to share their ideas, dreams, and experiences with me. I am a frugal person and love to make home-made crafts, reuse anything that it is possible to reuse, coupon, and search for amazing deals!

I hope to update daily with photo's and small posts so come back often!

0 comments:

Post a Comment